Carmen regularly broadcasts feminist perspectives on-screen and over the airwaves as the writer, producer and host of programs that explore the personal, political and pop culture stories that shape women’s lives.
Carmen is the writer, producer and host of Bitch Media’s Popaganda podcast—and has explored subjects ranging from the Spice Girls to diet culture, and taken thousands of listeners into Michele Pred’s studio and the offices of Lipstick Lobby during the HEAT and GLAMOUR seasons.
“This Bitch Media podcast offers the highest brow analysis on even the ‘lowest brow’ parts of pop culture that impact women.”Mashable: The best podcasts about feminism, equality, equity, and surviving
- Inside Michele Pred’s Feminist Artist Studio
- The Feminist Beauty Secrets of Witches
- The Feminist Guide to Escaping Diet Culture
- Real Talk with Feminist Trailblazers
- Stovetop Social Justice
- Feminism Beyond Burnout
Explore the full Popaganda archive at bitchmedia.org.
THE MS. LIVE Q&A
Carmen interviewed dozens of feminist luminaries as the host and producer of the Ms. Live Q&A. Guests who sat down for the series of conversations, streamed live on Facebook from the Ms. offices as well as from events across the country by thousands of viewers, included award-winning filmmakers, actors and authors and movement leaders.
- Tarana Burke on #MeToo and What’s Next
- Soraya Chemaly Sees Power in Female Rage
- Inside the Jane Club
- Amelia Bonow is (Still) Shouting for Abortion Rights
- Sally Kohn on Disrupting Hate
- Erin Vilardi Wants More Women in Politics
- Author Karen Karbo Talks Difficult Women
Explore the full Ms. Live Q&A archive on Carmen’s YouTube.
Carmen and legal analyst Adrienne Lawrence walked viewers through the most triggering nonsense in each week’s headlines on TRIGGER HAPPY, one of the most popular video series released by Binge Networks.
THE BOSSY SHOW
After the 2016 election, Carmen partnered with writer Jill Gutowitz to co-produce and co-host THE BOSSY SHOW—a weekly political podcast recommended by Time, Curve, Logo and Autostraddle and featured in Diva. Each episode of the show featured conversations with influencers and celebrities and analysis by experts and activists on the defining issues of the Trump era.
“Attention all members of the resistance: The Bossy Show is your newest required listening.”Autostraddle: 9 Queer-Run Podcasts You Should Be Listening To Right Now
- Climate Change w/ Calum Worthy
- The Trump Family w/ Steph Frosch
- The 100 Days Special w/ Andrea Russett
- BONUS: Found Footage
“Well worth the download.”Logo.NewNowNext: We Have Officially Entered A Golden Age Of Queer Women In Podcasting
More Press & Praise:
- DIVA Magazine FEATURE: Listen Up
- Echo Magazine: Not-So-Guilty Feminist Pleasures
- Curve Magazine: Queer Podcast Round-Up